July 31, 2012

THERE WE GO // THE BARVAS SHOW.



Hi People.

How are things????
I feel really good. My adventure is still in Scotland.

Last Friday I had the opportunity to visit the Agricultural Show in Barvas.
I took my bag, my waterproof and i was ready to start an unpredictable day.
Barvas is a village close to Stonoway, twenty minutes by bus. Where the principal trade is agriculture.

Those events is the way to meet with farmers, show the animals and is a special manner to meet people and have a good time. All the villages around the Island have their own show.
There I saw archery, agricultural produce, traditional arts and crafts, old and new tractor´s and a car display competition as well as cattle and sheep competitions.

It was an awfull rainy day, but it was amazing.
When I arrived there, I felt lost ,too many sheep, ducks, cows and people speaking Gaelic (Dialect from Scotland),then I thought,was I wrong come here....But I started talking with somebody (Willie),we were talking about the fu...k weather, the show, Stornoway, why I had not stayed in Spain with beaches, beautiful woman and 37 degree...Willie was there because Colim (Never culam because culam mean dog in galeic,and me always wrong...), He was participating in the cattle competitions (Small Breed), he was walking in klimanjaro several months ago, amazing right?.
We went to the café where if you paid 3 pounds you can eat all you can (cakes and hot drinks), we were eating much and talking about football. They love spanish football.

Later we were playing football although the rainy day. One of the person brought me light, they live in surrondings with his animals,and I asked him about how he felt the live there? No people, no supermarkets, no leisure´s places....And he looked into my eyes and told me;
"Vinchente, our life is how our mind wish, you build your own life into your mind".
Great truth right?.

...Well later, i felt really wet...Then I should wait for the bus, 3 hours waiting for it,but Willie told me,dont worry about it, my mum is coming to pick us up. Finally his mother picked us up, then she told me,will be nice if you come to our home to eat lamb ( I love Lamb),so i couldn't say no,so....i went to their home and it was an unforgettable experience. I met Willie´s family, they are lovely. They spent sometime in Spain, they asked me about my life, about the Spanish situation,about my future about my culture....they opened their house for me. I felt like i had known them for a long time ago. It Was a little fact,but really nice for me. Because the smallest details are the biggest things.


This was a surprise and a unforgettable experience that I wanted to share with you.

From this corner I can see that scottish culture and Scottish people are amazing, I am learning everyday. They are simple people that live permanently in contact with the environment and make life simple.
Travel is a key to growth.
I can see people living in unusual places,are conected with life.



Good luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment